Expressions of Interest - Youth Worker
Metropolitan and Regional WA
Who We Are: Established in Western Australia in 1941, The Federation of Western Australian Police and Community Youth Centres (WA PCYC) is a not-for-profit organisation that creates opportunities for young people through the delivery of two broad youth services: development (intervention) programs and recreational activities. We manage in excess of 50 PCYC Centres and Blue Light Units throughout metropolitan and regional Western Australia, as well as two camp facilities.
About the Opportunity: The WA PCYC is seeking Expressions of Interest for upcoming Youth Worker roles for a variety of PCYC centres on a full-time, part-time or casual basis. The primary purpose of this position will be to support at risk youth and guide them to achieve their individual goals and objectives. The Youth Worker will aim to assist at risk youth by engaging with and providing assertive and intensive support to the youth who may have mental health illnesses or issues; may be homeless, have complex needs and drug/alcohol issues. This position will require you to demonstrate a capacity to engage with and empower at risk youth, and effectively administer risk management procedures for activities.
We are looking for Youth Workers who will:
- Encourage and facilitate the engagement of participants on our programs and accessing them to other available community services
- Build and establish a rapport with our participants and provide appropriate referral when needed
- Assist in the monitoring and development of programs on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with and engaging at risk youth.
- Certificate IV in Youth Work or Community Services and/or extensive work related experience ( highly regarded)
- Ability to develop and facilitate social, recreation activity programs which proactively ‘engage’ young people
- Bronze Medallion (desirable)
- Competent written and verbal communication
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate (a willingness to obtain)
- Working with Children Check (ability to obtain)
- National Police Clearance (ability to obtain)
- A valid C Class Manual driving license (a LR license would be a definite advantage).
To register your interest for these roles, please complete the below application form.