Expressions of Interest - Case Manager
Metropolitan and Regional WA
Who We Are: Established in Western Australia in 1941, The Federation of Western Australian Police and Community Youth Centres (WA PCYC) is a not-for-profit organisation that creates opportunities for young people through the delivery of two broad youth services: development (intervention) programs and recreational activities. We manage in excess of 50 PCYC Centres and Blue Light Units throughout metropolitan and regional Western Australia, as well as one camp facility.
Position Profile: The primary purpose of this position is to support at risk youth to be safe and achieve their individual goals and objectives. The Case Manager aims to assist at risk youth by engaging with and providing assertive and intensive psychosocial outreach support to people who have mental health illnesses or issues; may be homeless, have complex needs and drug/alcohol issues. This position will require you to demonstrate a capacity to engage with and empower at risk youth to achieve their own goals within a structured individual recovery plan.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide youth work support for program participants including informal counselling and making referrals both internally and to other community agencies as required.
- Engage with families, children and young people and providing case management and assessment with the aim of minimising risk and maintain the child within the family network
- Provide counselling, group work and therapeutic interventions
- Identify strengths as well as areas of risk and developing and monitoring case plans
- Develop and facilitate social, recreation activity programs which proactively ‘engage’ young people in an outreach setting.
- Research and monitor young people’s needs to inform planning of new activity programs
- Conduct case work with identified young people
- Consider creative solutions to complex barriers impacting on the youth we support, while working to the values of the organisation.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualification or currently working towards (minimum Certificate IV) in youth work, social work, community development / welfare, human services or related discipline
- Ability to develop programs for positive youth engagement
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a team member and contributor to team outcomes
- Experience in report writing and prepare case notes
- Knowledge and ability to work in outreach, mobile and street based settings
- Experience and knowledge of case management
- Current Senior First Aid certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Current WA Police Clearance (or willingness to obtain)
- Current Working with Children Check (or willingness to obtain)
To apply for this role please complete the below application form.